Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
MAHI KAINGA WEEK 5 the late edition…..
An equation is like a number sentence. 1+1 = 2 is an example. You can have more than 2 numbers before an answer: 5+3+1+2+4 = 15.
Here are some numbers. Your challenge is to add, subtract, multiply, or divide these to find “the answer”. You will be making ‘equations’. There are different ways of doing this. You can only use each number once per equation.
1. Make equations using add, subtract, multiply, or divide.
2. Can you add, subtract, multiply, or divide these numbers and find the answer here too?
3. What’s the BIGGEST number you can get?
4. Can you DOUBLE and HALVE these numbers?
5. What numbers can you find QUARTERS of? If one of these numbers is a QUARTER, what is the whole number
Remember, you need to “prove” you’re right by showing your working on paper, or explaining to mum or dad or someone.
SCHOOL IN LEVEL 2
School is open from Rāhina (Monday)!
(1) Draw an emoji to show how you’re feeling about coming back to school. Feel free to invent your own, you don’t need to copy one.
(2) Write a “class award” for somebody at home who you are grateful for. (You could do this for as many people as you like).
(3) Compare school to home.
Ways school is like home.
Ways school is different to home.
What’s the BEST thing about school?
What’s the best thing about home?
What’s the WORST thing about school?
What’s the WORST thing about home?
(4) Thinking about coming back to school….
Something you’re excited about…
What is one question you have?
What is one thing you’re nervous about?
What is one new thing you’d like to see or do at school?
OTHER MAHI KAINGA….
· Remember to READ EVERY DAY
· Write something every day
· Practise maths basic facts
· Practise skills on studyladder
Do feel free to ask any questions, make any suggestions, or share any learning you're doing.
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Monday, April 27, 2020
- Read each day - Parents, ask questions about what might happen next or to recount what they have read
- Read to your child each day as many times as possible. These could be story books/ poems/songs.
- After reading, summarise in your own words what happened.
- Use the animal strategy cards to help say new words.
- Write a story every day.
- Write a book review.
- Find out about an animal and write a report about it.
- Keep a diary or journal. You can write about what really happened, or add a twist for drama.
- Look for interesting words when you’re reading to use in your writing.
- Practise 5 tricky spelling words.
- Here are 300 writing prompts. Have you used the Scholastic Story Starters yet?
- Practise basic facts, or use the Mathletics site each day .
- Encourage addition and subtraction using money. How much change?
- Baking is a perfect way to measure mass and capacity and practise fractions.
- Tell and write the time from digital and analogue clocks. Ask your children to help create a daily or weekly timetable.
- Portrait. Draw a picture of someone at home, but DON’T look at the paper while you’re drawing!
- Perspective art. This means ‘vanishing point’.
- Leaf rubbings. Can you use leaf rubbings to add texture to a picture? What if an animal or monster had leaf rubbing skin?
- Draw a scene from a book you are reading.
- I’m sure you’ve got lots of cool ideas.
Thursday, April 23, 2020
I made some craft a few day’s a go. I did some writing today.
One of my writing was about dogs and the other story was
about cats. The flowers were scented. I made all of these
in the picture. Hope you are having a good day.
From Taylor 🤩🤪
Here's an example of students inspiring students!
Hi Mr Hardman
Tuesday, April 21, 2020
Topic: Kahikatea Catch-up
Daily this week at 10am.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 8850 8766
If 10am doesn't work, we can make another time to suit you :)
Kia ora Koutou! I hope you had a nice weekend, and find fun ways to learn and enjoy yourself this week. Home learning is optional, but i...
DESIGN A NEW ZOO click here to access google doc You’ve been asked to design a new zoo for Whakatū Nelson. There are several parts of...
KAHIKATEA MAHI KAINGA WEEK 3 click here to go to google doc Reading : Reading lots will help you get ahead! Read each day - Parent...